I’d like to document the range of my symptoms just to keep track-not to ruminate but I want to have them all down somewhere- so one day, I can hopefully look back on this post and think WOW! I don’t have any of those symptoms anymore (one can hope right?!)
So- here we go- also, hopefully this may help if someone seeking diagnosis stumbles along this post- I sure as f*ck had no clue Lyme/mold could manifest in all these bizarre ways.
I have experienced all of the following symptoms over the last three years, with varying degrees in frequency and intensity.
- Food allergies/reactions, chemical sensitivities, sensitivity to lights and sound and other sensory stimulation, seasonal allergies
- Slurred speech, messing up words, trouble remembering names, poor short-term memory, trouble focusing with zoning out for 5-30 second intervals
- Hot flashes, surges of warmth throughout body, feeling of iciness “inside” bones/joint, night sweats, cold hands/feet, inability to regulate body temperature, chronic low temperature
- Frequent cold/infections/strep throat
- Anxiety, deep depression, suicidal ideation, extreme panic attacks, fear-based thoughts, Pure O (obsessive thinking), some other OCD behaviors, lack of motivation, inability to think about/envision the future, mood swings, rage, stress intolerance, apathy, derealization (feeling out of touch with reality), depersonalization (feeling out of body, out of touch with self)
- Inability to think creativitily, stress intolerance, normal daily tasks such as getting dressed are difficult because I can’t seem to “figure out” how to do them
- Extreme migraines, shooting pains inside head, neck pain, nausea, vomiting (especially due to pain), feelings of toxicity
- Joint pain, jaw and tooth pain, overall excruciating body pain
- Intense inflammatory response to many triggers (exercise, foods, chemicals, stress, travel)
- Difficulty in new environments, confusion
- Blurred vision, trouble walking/balancing, seeing dark spots in vision
- Brain fog, feeling of brain being disconnected from body, feels like brain is filled with sand/marshmallow, can’t find myself in myself…
- Hypoglycemic/shaky if I go too long without food/protien
- Heart pain, chest pain, heart palpitations, shooting pain in heart, abnormal heart beat, weak pulse, irregular heart beat
- Internal tremors, shaking, vibration sensation/buzzing inside body, chills, numbness/tingling, extremities falling asleep
- PMS and horrendous periods
- Gut issues- heartburn, gas, reflux, bloating, etc.
- Extreme fatigue- extreme in the sense of being almost narcoleptic
- Heaviness of extremities, trouble lifting arms/legs
- “Crackling joints,” muscle wasting
- Frequent urination
- Itching, brusing easily, crawling sensations on skin
- Nightmares, night terrors, night waking
- Being alive but not ALIVE, just can’t seem to function no matter how much I WANT to.
- And…more…..many more…. 😦